Thursday 1 July 2010

Juggan Kazim

Juggan Kazim Pakistani Actress



There are many sides to her person, and then, some more: effervescent; bubbly; mercurial; energetic (to the point of being restless almost); dynamic; highly social; very (read non-stop, if you please!) talkative; and an extremely animated actor, model, host, and what not!
But her dynamic personality goes much deeper than just the glamorised, celebrated image the world goes gaga over. In Spotlight, she chooses to reveal her real self just a shade deeper, and on a relatively personal level….
What makes Juggan Kazim, Juggan Kazim, is difficult to pin-point.
Even more difficult is the question, “Who is Juggan Kazim?”
A dynamic actor?
An effervescent host or anchor person?
A petite model?
An intriguing socialite?
Or someone else?
I guess a little bit of all this, and yet more.
But when asked the same question from Kazim, here’s what she came up with:
“Hmmm…..who is Juggan Kazim? Difficult to tell, but if you ask who is JK as a person, I have absolutely no doubts in my mind that first and foremost, I am a mother – a mom -- and that defines who I am now, in everyday life. I wouldn’t say all, but yes, most of the decisions that I take in life now are taken in accordance with the fact that I am a parent.”
Although she is seen as an actor, a model and an anchor person, JK feels it is acting where her heart truly lies. She enthuses “I love acting! Even when I was very small and someone would ask me what I was going to be when I grew up, I would reply “Main bari ho kay actor banoon gi!” Not that I was particularly hooked on movies or something of the like, but this really was one spontaneous answer that would come to me.”
About her family background, Kazim says that she is a totally Lahore-based gal, with a childhood spent in diversified environments. She explains “My parents got separated when I was hardly a year old, so I do not have the faintest of memories of them living together. I grew up in my Nano’s house, and used to see my dad only on weekends. Justice Akhlaque is my grandfather, and Abbas Raza Kazim, my father. So, you can imagine with both my paternal and maternal families so high profile, and too dignified and proper ever to consider acting as a profession, what a shocker my ambitions must have been!”



No comments:

Post a Comment