Saturday 10 July 2010

Iffat umar

Iffat umar Pakistani Model & Acterss



She is a model, an actress, director and producer. Having appeared in countless TV shows and catwalks around the country and internationally, Iffat Umar needs no introduction. In an exclusive interview with The Saturday Post, she tells us how she began her career and how she finds the time to balance work, home and motherhood all at the same time
My name is Iffat Rahim Umar, I am a former model turned Producer-Director-Actress-Anchor. Currently, most of my work is related to acting which is primarily due to the fact that I feel I am good at it, and secondly because I think I can balance it very easily with my family life.
I grew up in the lovely and historic city of Lahore, which according to most people is also the cultural capital of Pakistan. I have travelled elaborately throughout the world and have stayed for an extended period of time in Europe and the Middle East, but I think I am in my element when I am in Lahore. I just love the city and of course all my childhood and teenage memories are associated with it. I went to school (Esena Foundation, Gulberg), college (Lahore College for Women) and university (Punjab University) here. I have a masters degree in Fine Arts with a Gold Medal in Film Making, which for me is my biggest educational achievement.
I was raised as a single child by my mother, who has been a constant inspiration and a role model for me all my life. She has been the anchor who has supported me through my early childhood until the time I was wise enough to distinguish between right and wrong, and I owe her greatly for that.
I fell in love with Umar and had a fairy tale wedding about ten years ago. We are blessed with a seven year daughter, Noor-e-Jehan, and as the name signifies she is the light of our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment