Wednesday 30 June 2010

Nadia Hussain

Nadia Hussain Pakistani Model



I had it in me from the very beginning but it developed with the passage of time. I was never camera shy; I enjoy it and am at ease in front of it

I have been associated with media for quite a long time because Tina sani is my khala; we have literally been born and raised in the media circle. As a kid I did crystal toothpaste as and a video shoot for my khala. Thus I had always been touch with media so I didn't face any problem on that front.

n think it has a lot to do with my luck, apart from hard work of course. Unfortunately in this country, a lot depends on what kind of contacts you have how you manipulate them. I am very lucky that I started with the right people. Mubashir khan was the one who introduced me to everybody in the fashion scene like imran kureishi, frieha altaf, Deepak etc.

I have never thought of modeling, as a profession because I know one day it will have to end. Modeling has a very short time span. If I enjoy it, I will continue, but it will always be my hobby and my second profession.

I have always been inclined towards medicine. When I finished my A; level I had to make a decision about my future career. I wanted to do cosmetic surgery, but this actually requires a five-year MBBS course. And then another two years of specialization and PhD etc… so that require a lot of time. With BDS, it's simpler yet interesting; BDS was just four years and thought that i can at least start my practice.

I don't think I'm perfect. If I was I would have perfectly blow-dried hair and would look prim and proper at all time. But I don't. I end up going to Sunday bazaar with oil in my hair. I will go to Agha's with oil and chapals. So being perfect is the last thing I think about.

Once a model is recognized I think she projects more an image of glamour. But what the people forget is that we have our own personal lives and personal space as well. And it’s very frustrating at time when your privacy is being disturbed

I went to London for shehzad Roy's video. People recognized us and asked me for my autographs. Over here people do recognize you but they don't usually come to take autographs. I am sure they end up seeing so many celebrities on the street. They probably think ‘keh kia hum ab sub keh autograph lain’.

That female model is willingly available. And they can work for you free of cost. At time it just bugs me. Sometimes people call and ask me to bring my model friends to their party. Even when it comes to work, they think that they can get their way around. They simply can't believe that models can actually say no.

I think one must have a strong faith and the courage to say "no". This way you can actually make a niche for yourself. People will then remember you as the girl who did not go beyond her limits and made her own personal identity instead of just going with flow, I try to do this but it's definitely not easy to say 'no'. I still don't believe I am where I am right now. It's only been four years and people say that I am amongst the top models but I don't think I have attained my peak.


No comments:

Post a Comment